Sleep plays an important role in keeping you healthy and happy.
Sign up for sleep tip text messages:
Healthy Sleep Resources:
Make a plan, pick a start date. For more information, check out this website:
Healthy Sleep Tips:
- Wind down for at least 45 minutes before bedtime.
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable, quiet and dark.
- Make your bedroom your sanctuary. No activity there but sleep and sex.
- Go to bed early enough to get at least 6.5 hours of sleep each night.
- Get up at the same time each day – 7 days a week.
- Avoid naps during the day if you’re not sleeping at night.
- Cut down on caffeine, even in the morning.
- Avoid moderate or heavy alcohol drinking in the evening.
- Avoid drinking excessive liquids in the evening.
- Exercise regularly, but not right before bedtime.
If you’re still having trouble sleeping after trying everything on this list for a month, talk to your doctor about setting up a sleep evaluation.